Please contact Jennifer with the information below about a tour of Amsterdam's role in Black Heritage. This is not an IBHA sponsored tour, but this is clearly an important and too often overlooked topic. Two of our members took this tour on Tuesday and found it to be most instructive.
The full tour package includes:
- Fully-guided boat or walking tour
- Museum entry/tour (Rijksmuseum: Black Presence & Colonial History in Dutch Art)
- [Note: if a walking tour is preferred, and museum is included, we would visit the Royal Palace Museum or Amsterdam Museum, both are in or closer to the Dam Square]
- A copy of my co-authored book: Amsterdam Slavery Heritage Guide
- Duration: approx 2. 5 - 3 hours
- Regular Price: €70/pp
- Discounts: €10/pp if we do not include the museum and an additional €10 if you do not include the book. Note: guests may purchase the book separately during the tour for a discounted price €10.
- Walking tour is also available for €35/pp (does not incl book or museum)
- Please note, that the museums all close at 5:00pm, so if you want to include that, I would suggest selecting start time no later than 1:30pm to allow enough time to visit the museum. I can guide up to 20 people in the museums.
- I can further customize the tour based upon your groups' interests, time-frame and budget.